To our valuable customers,
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to demand the attention of our communities and the healthcare industry in particular, we want to remind you that we are committed to supporting you.
Our priority remains the safety of our employees, customers and the patients we serve. Ciox is fully functioning and laser focused on the work we do every day of connecting healthcare decision makers with the clinical data needed to empower greater health. We understand that reliable, efficient access to patients’ medical records is especially important for treatment, tracking and prevention during a health crisis. We are working around the clock to:
- Prioritize the safety and health of our employees, customers and the patients we serve
- Where possible, we have encouraged our employees to work from home and are supporting them with all necessary compliance and security protocols.
- We have implemented travel restrictions, in line with the latest recommendations from the White House.
- Ensure patients, caregivers and decision makers can access the care they need
- We continue to fulfill requests for clinical records, including those needed to ensure continuity of care
- We are carefully managing records requests with care delivery needs. In some cases, this means minimizing burden for providers and de-prioritizing data requests that can be delayed, particularly being responsive to facilities based on their known involvement in the COVID-19 direct response. However, we are also aware of the needs of data requesters and are doing our utmost to support delivery of medical records within allowable timeframes.
- Take a digital-first approach to exchanging clinical data
- Today, we already fulfill 10 million records requests remotely and have industry best-in-class systems and processes for information security
- We are working with customers to increase remote access to clinical data, so we can free up physical space in healthcare facilities and reduce non-critical employee presence in facilities. For our provider customers, we strongly encourage you to work with your Ciox representative to enable remote connections to ensure continuity of service and allow facilities to focus on care delivery.
- Establish a patient registry, in collaboration with leading researchers, to accelerate vaccine development
- Given our unparalleled scale across healthcare providers in the US, we are offering our capabilities to create a COVID19 registry that gets the right data on the right patients to researchers rapidly.
Our customers and patients are at the heart of all we do. Thank you for all you are doing to keep us healthy.
My team and I are available for any questions and we will continue providing transparency to our work together.