To our valuable customers,
Like many of you, Ciox has continued to operate during this crisis. Our priority has been the safety of our employees, customers and the patients we serve as we work to ensure that reliable, efficient access to patients’ medical records is readily available during this health crisis. As you may be planning to thoughtfully resume operations, we continue to do everything possible to make sure your needs are supported.
- Prioritize the safety and health of our employees, customers and the patients we serve
- Where possible, we have encouraged our employees to work from home and are supporting them with best practice resources and all necessary compliance and security protocols. We are taking a measured approach to returning to work outside the home consistent with the latest recommendations from the CDC, WHO and other health authorities.
- We are providing options for employees to secure a face covering, in compliance with regulations.
- Ensure patients, caregivers and decision makers can access the care they need
- We continue to fulfill requests for clinical records, including those needed to ensure continuity of care and have been staying in touch with customers to adjust services so they will meet new needs.
Stay current with changing government policies and regulations and adjust our work accordingly
- Over the last few weeks, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) have made policy changes that affect medical record needs and exchange. We are monitoring all of this activity and rapidly distilling the information and implications into webinars and increased customer communication. We are your resource for questions about policies and compliance.
- Expand our digital-first approach to exchanging clinical data
- Today, we already fulfill 10 million records requests remotely and have industry best-in-class systems and processes for information security.
- We have deployed new options to request and fulfill medical records requests digitally and will continue to innovate, making it easier to access medical records.
- Create a patient registry, in collaboration with LabCorp, allowing researchers to easily analyze and develop insights to accelerate treatments for COVID-19
- Given Ciox’s unparalleled scale across healthcare providers in the US and LabCorp’s deep scientific and research expertise, the Covid-19 patient registry will house HIPAA-compliant de-identified real-world data sets to get the right data on the right patients to researchers rapidly. Learn more.
Our customers and patients are at the heart of all we do. Thank you for all you are doing to keep us healthy.
My team and I are available for any questions and we will continue providing transparency to our work together.